Apple unveiled several new products yesterday. Here are the details:
The iPhone XS Max, has a bigger screen. It will cost about $1,100. The updated iPhone X, now called the XS will cost $1,000. Both new phones have screens that run from edge to edge and no backlight. The XS Max will be available on Sept. 21. There is also the iPhone XR. It has a traditional screen and an aluminum body. It’s smaller than the iPhone 8 Plus but has a bigger screen. It will cost roughly $750 and come out on Oct. 26. All three new models have facial-recognition technology to unlock the device.
iPhone XS Details:
- Display: 6.5-inch OLED screen
- Cost: From $1,099
- Ships: September 21
- Battery life: 1.5 hours longer than the iPhone X
- Cameras: Dual 12MP rear-facing, dual 7MP front-facing
- Powered by: A12 Bionic chip
- Memory: 64GB, 256GB or 512GB
- Colors: Gold, silver and space grey
- Waterproof rating: Up to 2 meters (6.5ft) deep for several minutes
- Improved augmented reality tools
Apple also announced there will be a major update to iOS software coming this Tuesday.
New Series 4 Apple Watch
There is a new Apple Watch. This one has a better screen and lots of medical features. It can detect irregular heart rates and perform an electrocardiogram. It can also detect if someone falls and call for help if you don’t tell it you’re ok within a minute.
- Everything has been redesigned and re-engineered.
- They pushed the screen right to the edges, over 30 percent larger, with minimal changes. The Series 4 is actually thinner.
- The watch can detect falls and send alerts to emergency contacts.
- An industry first, it’s equipped with an FDA-approved electrical heart sensor.
- You’ll be able to add pictures of your contacts to make calls with a single tap.
- The Digital Crown has been overhauled to provide haptic feedback to the wearer.
Photo Credit: Apple via YouTube screenshot
Video of the new Apple Watch:
Video of the new iPhones: