Yesterday Apple unveiled a bunch of new products. The iPhone X (iPhone 10) features an edge-to-edge display and facial recognition software. There is no more home button. You swipe up to go back to your home screen. It also has a much better camera and it will have ‘augmented reality’ features. The phone will retail for $1300 in Canada, without a contract. It comes in 64GB or 256GB models. Pre-orders open October 27 and it ships November 3. Apple also introduced a new Apple Watch that has built in cellular, meaning you won’t need to have it connected to your phone. It shares the same number as the phone it is synced with. Apple also introduced a newer, ‘higher-definition’ Apple TV.
Photo Credit: YouTube screenshot – Apple
More details on the iPhone X:
- Pronounced the “iPhone 10.”
- Comes with 64GB and 256GB models.
- “Face ID” that allows users to unlock the phone by looking at it.
- Qi and AirPower wireless charging that lets you charge multiple devices at once.
- Screen tap unlock.
- Edge to edge display with glass on both sides of the device.
- Super retina display using OLED technology – highest ever pixel density in an iPhone.
- Dual 12 megapixel cameras and dual-optical image stabilization.
- Tuned for augmented reality capabilities.
- Portrait lighting that uses machine learning to touch up photos.
- A11 bionic chips with six cores, can be 70 percent faster than the previous A10 chip.