It may be April but we are not yet free from winter weather. A special weather statement is in effect and it could impact your morning commute tomorrow. Here are the details from Environment Canada:
7:02 AM EDT Thursday 04 April 2019
Special weather statement in effect for:
- Halton Hills – Milton
- Guelph – Erin – Southern Wellington County
- Kitchener – Cambridge – Region of Waterloo
- Orangeville – Grand Valley – Southern Dufferin County
- Shelburne – Mansfield – Northern Dufferin County
- Mount Forest – Arthur – Northern Wellington County
- Bruce Peninsula – Sauble Beach – Tobermory
- Hanover – Dundalk – Southern Grey County
- Owen Sound – Blue Mountains – Northern Grey County
Freezing rain likely Friday morning.
Precipitation moving into Southern Ontario early Friday morning is likely to fall as freezing rain as temperatures are expected to be below freezing to start the day. The freezing rain could last for several hours before temperatures rise above the freezing mark.
Ice build-up is likely on elevated surfaces. Untreated surfaces such as roads, walkways and parking lots may also become icy.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada.
Photo Credit: Environment Canada