The snowfall warning remains in effect. Environment Canada says an additional 2 to 4 cm of snow is possible by the time the snow tapers off by mid or late morning. Strong winds gusting up to 50 km/h are expected to produce local blowing snow this morning in some places. Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow. Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow.
Here is a list of bus cancellations for today:
- Toronto: Schools are open. Buses are not running.
- Waterloo Region: All buses are cancelled and all schools are closed.
- Halton public & Catholic: Schools & offices are closed today due to the heavy snowfall and dangerous road conditions. All in-person and virtual classes are cancelled.
- Peel Region: All DPCDSB and PDSB schools are closed today due to inclement weather conditions
- York Region District: Due to emergency weather conditions, all schools and board locations are closed to students today, February 16, 2021. Parents Do NOT send your child to school today.
- Simcoe County – All buses are cancelled.
- Dufferin-Peel: ALL DPCDSB buses are cancelled today due to weather conditions. Schools will switch to remote learning for the day.
- Wellington-Dufferin: All School taxis and buses cancelled in Zone 1 (Guelph), Zone 2 (Centre Wellington), Zone 3 (North Wellington), and Zone 4 (Dufferin, RF Hall) and schools closed to students.
- Kawartha Lakes / Muskoka: Due to inclement weather and road conditions, all buses to schools in the City of Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton County, and the District of Muskoka for TLDSB have been cancelled for February 16.
- Dufferin County – All Schools are closed.
- Hamilton: All HWDSB schools, admin buildings and child care centres are closed today due to severe weather conditions. All remote and in-person learning, including the Elementary Remote Learning Program, are cancelled. Buses are not running
- Most post secondary campuses are closed for in person learning.
- All RisingOaks Early Learning centres and youth development programs will be closed today.
- The Hill Academy campus is closed.
In some cases, learning will continue online. Check with your local board for detailed information.
Photo Credit: Toronto Sun – Photographer unidentified