Carnival Cruise Bookings Up 200 Per Cent

Despite the fears around COVID-19 travel and public health recommendations to restrict large gatherings, Carnival Cruise Line bookings rose 600 percent after the company said it will resume some of its cruises in August, says a member of the travel industry.  The sharp rise in bookings is 200 percent higher than this same time last year, reports an American Express travel agent.  Customers were primarily focused on locking down reservations and getting premium deals, says the agent.

On May 4 Carnival released the following statement:

Carnival Cruise Line issued the following update to our news release today concerning a further delay of operations for most of our fleet until August 31. Some of the media reports have not fully conveyed the contents of our previous media statement and why certain itineraries were not being cancelled.  Carnival reiterates that this is our current plan contingent on a number of factors.

Any resumption of cruise operations – whenever that may be – is fully dependent on our continued efforts in cooperation with federal, state, local and international government officials. In our continued support of public health efforts, any return to service will also include whatever enhanced operational protocols and social gathering guidelines that are in place at the time of the resumption of cruise operations.  We are committed to supporting all public health efforts to manage the COVID-19 situation and will continue to keep our guests, travel agent partners and other stakeholders informed.

Photo Credit: Carnival Cruise Lines

 

Posted in COVID19, News
Scott Fox and Kat Callaghan