Costco is currently selling a 24-pound “Sid Wainer & Son Cheese Lover Artisan Wedding Cake” capable of serving up to 150 guests. According to the product’s description on Costco’s website, the item – also known as the “Cleese Lover Celebration Cake” – is advertised as a “delicious alternative to a classic centerpiece, cake or cheese board.” This specific “cake” features five different types of cheeses “sourced from around the world,” including:
- 8 pounds of Red Leicester (described as having a flavour similar to English cheddar).
- 7 pounds of Danish Blue
- 5 pounds of Murcia al Vino
- Spanish goat cheese submerged and aged in wine
- 3 pounds of Tuscan Sheep’s cheese (“aged for 60 days in natural grottos on beechwood boards”)
- 17 ounces of Brillat Savarin Triple Cream Brie, from Normandy, France.
The “Sid Wainer & Son Cheese Lover Artisan Wedding Cake” does not come pre-assembled, but in individually wrapped cheese wheels inside a shipping box. “When you are ready to assemble, take the cheese out of refrigeration, unwrap it and start stacking with the largest wheel on the bottom and end with the smallest on top,” reads the description. And the price: $439.99, shipping and handling included.
Photo Credit: Costco