Today the world is waiting to hear from President Donald Trump. How will America respond to last night’s Iranian ballistic missile strikes on U.S. bases inside Iraq? (scan down for video). The President has announced he will speak today. Iranian state TV says the missiles were revenge for the U.S. killing of General Qassem Soleimani. Last night Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei announced his country, “slapped (them) on the face” with those 22-missiles fired. So far there are no reports of casualties. Trump said on the weekend that if Iran attacked the retaliation from America would be quick is disproportionate.
All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 8, 2020
Canada’s Chief of Defence staff says all Canadian troops are safe and accounted for after the Iranian air strikes on Iraq. General Jonathan Vance made the comment to military families on Twitter. Canadians have a military and diplomatic presence in one of the areas targeted. Hours before the Iranian missiles hit, the Canadian Forces had started to move troops out of the area.
CAF families: I can assure you that all deployed CAF personnel are safe & accounted for following missile attacks in Iraq. We remain vigilant.
— General Jonathan Vance (@CDS_Canada_CEMD) January 8, 2020
Photo Credit: CNN via YouTube screenshot