Experts say the ingredients in the COVID19 vaccine developed by Pfizer and German partner BioNTech, which was authorized last week by Health Canada, looks pretty standard for a vaccine. In a letter to the FDA, Pfizer listed the ingredients in its vaccine.
To visit the Health Canada site, regarding this vaccine: CLICK HERE (You will be redirected).
The ingredients can be organized into four basic categories:
- 30 mcg of a nucleosidemodified messenger RNA (modRNA) encoding the viral spike (S) glycoprotein of SARS-CoV-2.
- lipids (0.43 mg (4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 0.05 mg 2[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 0.09 mg 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3- phosphocholine, and 0.2 mg cholesterol)
- 0.01 mg potassium chloride
- 0.01 mg monobasic potassium phosphate
- 0.36 mg sodium chloride
- 0.07 mg dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate
- 6 mg sucrose
Photo Credit: Pfizer