Woman Suing The Olive Garden Claiming Her Stuffed Mushrooms Were Too Hot

A Texas woman is suing Olive Garden, claiming the restaurant’s stuffed mushrooms caused severe burns to her throat after eating them.  Danny Howard of Fort Worth filed the lawsuit alleging that the restaurant did not warn her about the mushroom’s temperature before she ate them.  Howard claims she visited a local Olive Garden on Aug. 11, 2017, and ordered the stuffed mushroom appetizer. She states in the lawsuit that the server did not warn her the “mushrooms were particularly hot” or that there was a “risk to cause severe burns,” before she ate them.  After taking a bite, the mushroom immediately burned her mouth, she claims, before becoming lodged in her throat and causing her to choke.  Howard alleges she stopped breathing while she was choking on the mushroom and “frantically shuffled through the restaurant in need of help.”  Eventually, Howard managed to relieve the mushroom from her throat and threw up in a kitchen station.  After the incident, Howard drove herself to the emergency room, but on the way she claims she felt her throat begin to close and called an ambulance to take her to the hospital.  Howard was then taken to the Burn Unit of Parkland Hospital in Dallas, the lawsuit stated.  She is seeking $200,000 to $1 million in damages, claiming that Olive Garden and its staff were negligent in not warning her about the temperature of the mushrooms.

Photo Credit: Olive Garden

Posted in News
Scott Fox
Scott Fox